Saturday, May 8, 2010


PROJECT 1: PET HOME
A very first project given is Pet Home where we are being required to setup a pet house together with the existence of the occupant to the house designed and built which is the pet. I have chosen snail as my pet and try the design it home properly and make sure it feels like the real place for it. I manage to design its place like the natural habitat which is consist grassy area and water for humidity.

I choose snail because it can be describe as unique animal. Even the snail move very slow and only active at night, it has some interesting characteristic on it. We can see the snail always bring it shell anywhere and it is also can be seen as it shelter. As a metaphor the shell can be seen as a responsibilities that one need to carry in their life neither they want it or not. It indicates that we have a responsibility in this life that we carry as the reason human being live in this world. Without it then there is no reason to human to live.

The concept I use for the snail house is the natural habitat which mean I adopt the natural habitat of snail into my design. My design is success because I have inspected that the snail never get out of its roofless home that I design.


This project have a great impact on me, I can see that every design that we are made neither interior, exterior or even the largest scope of design, we have to make sure the design can accepted by our surrounding whether human, flora and fauna. Plus, the design also must be suit for the lifestyle of the occupant and also the community.

This project also makes me realize that we must study of the culture so we can determine whether the design that we make can integrated with the people around it. The longer we stay connected to something, the more we know about it. These elements are very important due to customer is always right and comfortability is what we seek for.

No comments:

Post a Comment